Friday, July 27, 2012

A Milestone of Aaronic Perportions

I know I have been gone for about a million blog years, but I fear I do not regret my absence at all. Why? BECAUSE I WAS TOO BUSY HAVING THE BEST SUMMER OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!!

I am starting this off with a picture of my handsome 12-year-old son who just received the Aaronic Priesthood this past Sunday. In our church, when a boy is worthy and has reached the age of 12-years, he is able to receive the Priesthood. "Priesthood" basically means to act for our Heavenly Father here upon the Earth. These valiant young men pass the Sacrament on Sundays to the congregation standing in for the Savior, and have many more responsibilities as well.  Needless to say, Morgan and I have been dreaming of this day for sometime and are immensely proud of Lund and the choices he has made to get him where he is today.
Can you tell that I am a weee bit excited?!
And this two must have planned this... But alas, it was just a beautiful coincidence!

 Seriously, Grandmas must be so in tune with their grandsons! Yet, another coincidence of outfits that ties them together. (Oh Ruth, I made a pun!)
  The Priesthood Men! Grandpa Wiemer, Lund R. Johnson, Morgan Johnson, and Lund M. Johnson
 The handsome chaps in our backyard right before heading to church.
Such a happy group of loving supporters! It was the best Priesthood Ordination that I have EVER been to! The Spirit was so strong in the room that keeping our eyes dry was not an option. Tim Udall, a 12-year-old boy in the ward with Downs Syndrome was sitting right next to me and when the Spirit was really strong, he would lean over to me and give me a HUGE hug!
  I am proud of all my children equally, but on this day we had a chance to recognize Lund and the man he has become.
Of note: Lund is the 1st grandson on the Johnson side to hold the Priesthood and the 2nd Wiemer grandson. So he is a pioneer in his own rite.

6 comments:

LUND said...

A day to remember, so glad we were able to be there!

LUND said...

Probably your best blog ever and you have done some amazing ones. It was a special day.
Mom Karen

Jeremy and Ruth said...

He is so handsome! I am soo proud of him too! :) Tell him he is a great example to my boys! :) Now only if wwe could live closer so they could SEE his example! :) Well, for now they will have to hear about it from your blog!

Bonnie Hynes said...

I love this post sooooo much! I felt the love and joy just reading it and looking at the pictures. you are all glowing! GO LUND!!

Clarisa said...

you took pictures BEFORE church? whoa, you amaze me with your obvious excellent time management powers. having sons hold the priesthood is awesome. don't you love seeing them pass the sacrament?

PinkyMcG said...

Such a wonderful moment! Well done Lund and his amazing parents! Wonderful reason to be away from the blog. Embrace the summer and remember my lovely one bedroom apartment is always available if you need to fly to NYC to see Newsies on Broadway. Love to you my friend!