Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cancer update

So, I have a lot to blog about lately, but I am putting all that aside tonight to give a cancer update.
   Today I went to the Oncologist at MD Anderson and found out that this chemo isn't working either. That was chemo #8 and my choices are getting skimpy.
   We are playing the waiting game right now for a few days or so because we have two choices and we aren't sure which way to proceed until we have more information.
   First of all, my Oncologist is calling her collegue at T-Gen in Scottsdale to see if they have any Phase 1 trials that I will qualify for.
  The other choice is a medicine called Affinator, which is only FDA approved for kidney cancer at this time, but medical journals are finding that it is also effective with breast cancer patients. It may be FDA approved this summer, but that is a waiting game I can't play.  So, they are trying to beg my insurance company to look over my history and cover it anyway. They did warn me that the co-pay will more than likely be insanely high. Fun!
  I keep praying "Thy Will Be Done" and I know who is in charge of my life. I turn my life over to the Loving Father who sent me here to this mortal realm to be tested. Now if these mortal bodies just weren't so fickle!!!

But, with all that aside,  this was the day my daughter was born, 9-years-ago, in the sleepy town of Flagstaff, where trains stop your progress when you are in severe pain and headed toward the hospital.  I love you Sarah Ruth! Now let's give everyone a peek, so they can see what you got for your birthday....
                                                                Betcha can't guess!!!

3 comments:

Jeremy and Ruth said...

I bet she is in heaven with that cat!! WOW!!! I am so sorry to hear about the unhelpful medicine! it is good to know you still have some options! We pray for you always, but it seems like you are doing your part, i guess i need to pray the medicine will start doing its! LOVE YOU!!

Clarisa said...

happy birthday sarah! and as always, we are praying so hard for you and your family.

Farr Family said...

Christa- You are always and will always be my hero!!! I am always thinking of you and praying for you!!! And that is so fun for Sarah! I'm sure she is in heaven. Emma Lacey sends her love also!!
love ya lots- Kimberly