Saturday, October 22, 2011

Catching up and living with the flu, but not really....hummmm

hello all! I am trying to catch up on some memories from the past week.  Bear with me, it has been a rough day today because I started a new chemo regiment yesterday, and my body isn't loving it. I had to get one med for the cancer and another med to build my bone strength. Since I now have tumors in my bones, they have to strengthen my bones so that the tumors don't fracture my bones from the inside. Fun image, huh? Anyhow, the new meds are making me feel like I have a bad case of the flu. My bones are achy, my stomach is yucky, and my head really hurts. Bummer!  


 So, next let's go over some memories from last Saturday. We had a wonderful reunion with the Camp Kesem grew. If you remember, 3 of my kids got to go to "cancer camp" this past summer and had a blast. The reunion was a blast!
 Lund playing football with some of his camping buddies...
Sarah and one of her cabin buddies, Buttercup.
 
 Will really enjoyed decorating his pumpkin
  .........................it's a ghost........
 Will and I even made a ladybug pumpkin together...
 I love memories made with the kids!

 There was a playground at the park with very weird toys..... Is Morgan a giant turtle?! What are you supposed to do with this thing??? Hum, maybe I am just not smart enough to play on this playground...
 ...............and can you find Will's face as he lives in his adobe house???
Yes, all the kiddos enjoyed meeting up with good friends who are in the same boat as they are. Each of the kids there also have parents with cancer, and most of the counselors have parents with cancer too. What an amazing group. We plan on attending each year and Cassidy already states that she wants to be a counselor someday. That would be great!!!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Ruth said...

Christa I am so sorry to hear about you feeling so yucky!! :( BOOOOOOOO (and no that is not me pretending to be a ghost, it is me saying BOO to yucky!) anyway!! What an amazing experience for them to go to cancer camp!!! I bet it helped them A TON!!Love you guys and praying for you always!

Bonnie Hynes said...

They look so happy and you look so beautiful! Praying for ALL of you ALWAYS!!