Friday, October 21, 2011

Kayla plays volleyball and Pink makes an appeance

I am really behind in my posting, so I will just skip ahead to this week, and try to catch up with the rest later. As you know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. I have attended tea parties and social events and a walk at the end of the month as well. Lots of good things happening, yet I am still waiting for my check from Susan G. Komen. I have decided that each of us diagnosed with breast cancer need to recieve a check, since they keep bragging about how many hundreds of thousands of dollars they are making to "help breast cancer". .............still waiting for my check..........
Anyhow, while I sit here waiting for my check, I will tell you of something else wonderful we attended this week. Kayla (my niece) plays high school Varsity volleyball, even though she is only a Freshman. I know, crazy huh? She has mad skills when it comes to volleyball and we got to attend her game this week. It was dedicated to breast cancer awareness and they all had pink warm up shirts and pink hair things and a pink tattoo on their cheek. I was proud to be in the stands, watching her work her volleyball magic and for a good cause. Thanks Kayla for inviting us!!
                Getting ready for the next play...
                            Here she is serving it up......Kayla style!
And in the stands you can always find........Alisha, Kayla's mom. She is my BIG sister. (actually I am bigger, so that is always fun)
oh look, you can even find my BIG shoes. Pink all the way!
And these two goofballs were playing in the stands as well. Grandpa (Randall) Wiemer, and grandson William Randall Johnson. If you ask Will what his whole name is he proclaims, "Will Johnson Randall".
Here are some gorgeous ladies after the game.....I'm pretty sure Kayla is now taller than me, and she is 14!
Now you can see the whole "pinkness" happenning........
On a sidenote: The basketball uniform that I am wearing in this picture was given to me by the Bagdad Sultan Girls Basketball team. They all wore these outfits in honor of me for a whole season. And let me tell you, I felt very honored and almost cry when I see the outfit in my closet. And really, when else can you wear an outfit like this if not to a "pink" volleyball game? Seriously!

3 comments:

Jeremy and Ruth said...

you are soo loved even all the way here in LOGAN!!!!! You are great! I wish I was watching the game with you! :)

Bonnie Hynes said...

You look lovely. Hope you are enjoying your special pink month!! Let's make next month dedicated to you too!! I'll tell Morgan to get on that :)

Heidi said...

What a cool game! I can't believe Alisha has a freshman daughter! Is that Higley High? My best friend's son goes there...