Well, the PET scan is officially over! And I have learned some important things in the process....
1. Even though you tell Sarah a million times that "PET scan" has nothing to do with animals, she will insist that it somehow has to do with adorable puppies and kitties, and why does she have to go to school when I am having all this fun?
2. Don't even TRY to get the technicians to tell you ANYTHING about the results of the test! There are even signs posted frequently that read, "Our Technicians Do NOT have the results to your PET scan, you have to ask your Dr!" I guess they got tired of people grabbing their collars and throwing them against the wall madly screaming, "How long do I have to live?! I know you can see the results right there on your screen, man!"
3. Radioactive pee is a real thing! They make you go pee after you sit in the "hot" room for an hour. They don't just let you use any old bathroom either, you have to use the one with the radioactive sign on the door, reminding you that you are part mutant, or maybe part superhero like Spiderman. (I am still waiting for my superpowers to emerge...so far all I have to show for it is a Super Strength Headache... does that count as a super power?)
4. Sitting there reclined in the Lazy Boy with a heated blanket on top of me brought back very fond memories of my very own Lazy Boy and my very own heated blanket lovingly packed away somewhere in the Phoenix area in a storage unit that we have no access or knowledge about. I love you Lazy Boy!!!! ..... I still think of you often!!!........ I will never forget you!! No matter how long they try to seperate us to destroy our love!!...........It only makes me love you more!!
5. I have the coolest husband around!! I, of course, already knew this, but sometimes it is very nice to be reminded of such things. He INSISTS that he needs to be with me when I get the results of the test on Thursday, so he has taken the day off! He claims he is going to take me to PF Changs and order me a coveted "lettuce wrap" and we will hear the news together. He also gave me a wonderful blessing of comfort, peace, and love. I am truly the luckiest woman in the world!!!! He even fasted for me at work all day as I scarffed food at 1pm after my "medical fast". He claims that it is purely selfish on his part, that he isn't thinking about me at all, only about himself and how much he loves and needs me around. What a selfish man!!!!
5 1/2. What were they thinking when they built the Medical Imaging facility in the same strip mall as the Sweet Shop, the largest candy store in the state? I think they were thinking that fasting crazies would come directily over there right after being released and spend all their life savings on candy that is so awesome you can only find it if you chase down an ice cream man. Maybe it was good thinking on their part! I now have a HUGE bag of coveted candy handpicked by yours truly hidden above the stove. That reminds me that maybe I need a piece right now...maybe an Andes mint variety that they don't even sell at stores.....oh yes, I have some awesome candy!
6. I truly love you all!! Whether I get to watch you from this side of the veil or the other, I will still love you all!!! (I do this in jest because Morgan HATES when I mention watching over him from the "other side of the veil")
7. ..............................is my pee safe now????.............................