Friday, May 1, 2009

It's Raining Stuffed Animals!!!! (At least they are soft)

Here she is contemplating her birthday...... Do I really want to turn six????!!!
Sarah turns six on Saturday so for her birthday this year I got a little bit creative.... I remembered that when we went to a friend's house she loved that her friend had about a million stuffed animals all lined up on her bed. She was in heaven trying to see them all and comment on each one. She just adores stuffed animals because they are related to real animals in her mind. Plus, I told her that they come alive when you aren't looking or when you are gone. I know this would scare any adult who has ever seen horror films, but for a child with a big imagination, it is a wonderful thing!
Alright, I will get back to the point. For her birthday this year I had a great idea. I went to the Goodwill in Prescott and bought up all the good looking stuffed animals. Then I washed them all up and got them ready for Sarah to love them. I went to Lowe's and bought material to make a shelf for her room so they would have a place to live. So I will now show you the end result and let me just say that Sarah is very much in heaven playing constantly with different ones, finding new favorites constantly. I think that Six will be a fun year!

p.s. the other half of her birthday adventure is that today we are going to the Phoenix Zoo as a family to see some of her animal buddies up close and personal. I will post pictures later....



5 comments:

Team Caldwell said...

that is awesome. I love that they have party hats. you are very creative and a bomb of a mom!

T. Sipes said...

What a great idea. It looks so nice. What lucky stuffed animals to have someone love them as much as she does.

annebabe said...

you are a fantastic mom! she will remember this birthday forever. way to think outside the box!!

and in relation to the comment you left on my blog the other day about the cookies.
*confession* i didn't make those. i googled images of cookies and choose that picture. BUT . . . check out my friend sallie's blog, (its on the side of mine, under favorite recipe sites, called my sister's kitchen) once on her site, on the lower left is an index of things she's made, click on the word cookies and there is one called the perfect chocolate chip cookie. it requires browning the butter, something interesting i haven't done yet. anyway, i haven't gotten around to making them yet, but you should try them out and let me know what you think!

Farr Family said...

You are so creative!! I love the shelf. I know she loved it!!

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

We are sure that Sarah is a very happy birthday girl with all of her new friends to imagine with.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SARAH as we sang on the phone.
Love to the whole family from Papa and Grama.