I have been REALLY exhausted in my head because of the whole brain radiation, so I haven't had the energy to update the blog until now. On Wednesday afternoon, I finished my last dose of brain radiation and now we are just waiting for 30 days to get a MRI and PET scan to see if this all worked.
In the meantime we have.....
1. Been to Mayo clinic in Scottsdale and have a plan for a "trail" that I am qualifying for over the summer.
2. Been madly reading the book, "Anti-cancer", as requested by Mayo Clinic
3. Whole Brain radiation daily
4. Lots and lots of sitting and resting
5. Lots and lots and lots of eating per the steriods that have swollen my up like a fat chickmunk. If you gave me a cup a lard at any point in the day, I would gladly drink it and lick any remaining drops on the floor.
6. Working on a application for a Make a Wish program for stage 4 breast cancer patients. We are applying for taking the family to Florida or Hawaii or whatever else they set up. Wahooooo!!
7. Madly sweating due to insane hot flashes due to some crazy medicines. I even chilled down the house sooo much that I blew the air conditioner. Whoops!!!! Hopefully tomorrow we will be back to Antartica in the house after we get it fixed.
7. Oh, and the ward is bringing in meals three times a week and I have never appreciated anything more in my life!!!! I LOVE OUR WARD FAMILY!!!!
And, other than the cancer news............... here's a bit of real life lately.......
Some of our cheering section with our "Hornet" flags to support Lund and his car.