Wednesday, December 15, 2010

We're up to our ears in smowmen!!!!

We have been working this week on a lot of school projects....one being snowmen for Lund's project. Don't you think it is funny that the project was actually Lund's, but we parent's ended up doing most of the work?? We ended up finishing all his snowmen for Family Night since it took a lot of time and effort on the family's part. I'm excited for this week to be over and school to be out for three weeks. (Of course, I am sure I will be calling "mercy" before the vacation is through!)

 
 
                     He finally surrenders to the snowmen gang!!!!

Cancer update: Morgan and I had a very long talk today with the oncologist today. It was a very blunt discussion about my cancer. And for the first time ever, I asked a question that has been weighing VERY heavy on my mind. I asked Dr. C "So, with the progress of my cancer, are we talking months or years. I have to know"... guess what he said..........YEARS!!!!!! I took a HUGE sigh of relief knowing that this wouldn't be my last Christmas, etc.  And guess what my plan is???? (and I shared my plan with the oncologist as well.)........ I am going to hang on until they come up with a cure!!!! And yes, I will have to take chemo the rest of my life, but chemo medicines get better all the time and who knows what the future will bring?!  So there you have it!!!!! Cancer has a new, very stubborn enemy!!!!!

9 comments:

runningfan said...

You go girl!

Wilson Winners said...

I heart this post. Here's to many Christmas's to come!

Luvs from Boise!

Despain Family said...

Yay!

Bonnie Hynes said...

That's right...your plan sounds like a great one! Lots of Luv from Boise because it's ours plus the Wilson's love! Hee Hee

Jennie said...

Very positive news! You are amazing....keep on keepin on!!

Jeremy and Ruth said...

I will join you on the cancer enemy side!! :) Many Many Many more years to be with us.. your family! :)

PinkyMcG said...

take no prisoners! destroy the cancer enemy!

gwen said...

Look out cancer!!! We have seen what you are made of and it is exquisitely strong stuff! Count the Haglunds in for the long term...long term prayers and long term faith and long term love.

Happy said...

YIPPEE FOR THE JOHNSON FAMILY!!!!! I am still calling the BHM temple weekly to submit my favorite "Johnson" family's name to be placed on the prayer roll. You keep up your chin so that we all can see that BEAUTIFUL smile of yours.

Hugs and Kisses from Heuytown, AL.