Sunday, November 21, 2010

My Happy Hubby is now an old man!!!! (A sexy old man!!!)

My better half celebrated his 35th year of awesomeness this week!!!  And if I do say so myself, I think we may have surprised him good this year. He claimed that he didn't want anything for his birthday this year, but we weren't having that!!!! While he was in Silver City, New Mexico and Morenci, AZ checking on some of his mines, we were scheming back at home.
He has been traveling more than he used to and he has been subtly hinting that he would love to someday have a good traveling suitcase....with wheels if possible. And I have been cataloging that little tidbit in my brain... like a good wife should! But I don't do things small.... I found what he wanted plus more for less at Kohl's with some coupons and gift cards, and some extra help from the kids. The kids each chipped in 5.00 from their gift fund in their budget and I paid the rest....all 50.00 of it...Yes, that is right I got a 7-piece awesome luggage set at Kohl's that is regularly priced 239.00 for under 70.00! Wahhooooo!!

  This picture makes me laugh. Look at Cassidy and you will see the fun cold she has been dealing with for the past two weeks. Poor girl.
 We surprised Morgan right when he got in from New Mexico with Key Lime pie and his present from all of us...
 It was a tricky present though, because, just like a Russian doll, there were many layers and each layer held a card from a different person in the family that loved him, including Morgan's parents who have been here helping.
 Here are all the suitcases all lined up with their corresponding cards...
 And handsome Vanna White showing all of his goodies. Maybe he will take the rest of us with him on a trip someday.....
 The next night my parents were kind enough to watch all my kiddos while we went out to a dinner with Morgan's parents to celebrate his birthday in style..... Look at the pictures and try to guess where we went out to eat......
 .......................have you figured it out yet????
                And here is the man of the hour with his complimentary yummy desert. Have you guessed the restaurant yet??? Hint, it is actually a bistro.....
I love you honey and I love that you were so happy for our surprises for you! You are seriously 35 degrees of awesome!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Happy said...

OK you both Johnson's. You both are so cute and we are glad that you are in your new home, and life is getting more interesting each time we ready your blog. Thank you for sharing your life with all of out here and especially with my friends with cancer news. It is really helping them to see the POSITIVE side of life. You both ROCK!!
Love and miss you both and your little ones as well.

Mark and Questa