Friday, November 20, 2009

What I do know mixed with a dash of the unknown...(My recipe for right now)

Thanks to my amazing, husband you had a wonderful opportunity to already read about my surgery and how that went. I am constantly amazed and feel that I married the greatest man ever. (Hopefully, you all feel this way and we could battle this out for hours). But for the sake of my blog, let's just go with the fact that mine is the best.... so there!!

Morgan celebrated his 34th birthday yesterday and he never ceases to amaze me. There wasn't a special breakfast in bed like on my last birthday, there wasn't a wife doting on him all day as he did on my b-day either. He simply went around concentrating on his beautiful wife (He!He! this could be debated considering I am in the same jammies from Tuesday and haven't showered in quite a while now)... But with no thought of himself, Morgan went off to a meeting for work in Phoenix, met my parents and I at the plastic surgeons office at 1:30pm and basically pretended that his birthday was nothing of consequence! That is the amazing man I married!!! Selfless love and devotion!!

Luckily, I was born with two sisters with a gift for celebration and beauty.... so I called them a couple of days before my surgery and informed them of Morgan's birthday and asked for their help. They, of course, jumped at the chance... So Morgan did get a bit of a surprize in the evening when Alisha and her cute munchkins and Becky and Jeff and Brody all came in with a key lime pie, a carrot cake and 34 candles! Oh, how I love my sisters! He also got a shirt from Becky and Jeff that says..." I am HUGE in Japan". There is also a present that my sister Alisha has been working on that is almost finished and I will post it here when it is done.. Needless to say... she is amazingly crafty that woman!!
And here is another section of my life.... the cancer side of life. The surgeon called and said that when they took out all my lymphnodes they found that 8 of the lymphnodes were cancerous. So what does that mean? Well, it means that after chemotheraphy I will be followed by radiation for a while. And they also had to cut a nerve out that ran right through the lymphnodes and so from my armpit to my elbow will always be numb. It is hard to get used to the feeling or not feeling, rather, of trying to lift my arm.
The other thing is that we kind of know our stage... I think I have stage 3A breast cancer. We will be going to a test called a PET scan tomorrow morning to make sure it hasn't spread to other organs in my body. If it has spread to other parts of my body, then I will automatically have stage 4 cancer. If it hasn't gone to other organs, then I still have Stage 3A cancer.
So, that is that..... I have some appointments on Saturday, and a few on Monday, and then I would like to go home to my house and my bed and my town for a little while. I do miss my home and friends. Lot's of love to each of you.

4 comments:

Jenny Rolph said...

Christa,

It has been forever since I have seen you. I still remember our softball days. I can't believe how fast time goes by. I just wanted you to know that I think the world of you, always have. I am still in Mesa. I keep in touch with Becky from time to time. It would be so fun to get together for lunch when your schedule isn't so busy. You are of course in my prayers.

Jenny

Unknown said...

good greif, chris. could be stage 4? thats bull pucky. i hate it! i miss you.

p.s. the word verification is "plerm". this needs to become a new word in our conversations.

Bonnie Hynes said...

I'm so glad you are posting again...you are amazing! I love the post about Will...it is so true. I think Morgan has that ability to always see you as Christa--unchanged, beautiful Christa. You are both very lucky...to have me for a sister! sorry, I couldn't resist :)

Erin said...

So, I've decided something. I'm really mad at this cancer FOR you! You seem so upbeat and positive... but frankly, I'm just ticked. So, if you'd like, when people ask you how you're doing, you're more than welcome to say: "I'm fine, but Erin is TICKED."
Thanks for the updates, and I'm glad you're doing so well... You're inspiring.