Here is my one minute synopsis for you... (it will only be one minute long because my head can't take anymore than that... I have been at various doctors appointments since 8am this morning)...
Upcoming Events in my life: November 5th (tomorrow)---MRI to show if cancer has spread and how much, etc. November 11th-- appointment with oncologist (I am told he is a funny looking vegetarian that will try to convert me! Just wait until he gets a piece of this meat loving carnivore!) November 17th 9am-- double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery all in one (I think they call this a two-fer, except I am sure I will still get billed by EVERYONE involved! he!he!) Then I recover... then I start chemotherapy.....that is a little glimpse into the not so distant future. But alas, the one minute update is over and onto what is really weighing heavy on my mind......
HOW TRULY BLESSED I AM!!! I have decided to make a comprehensive list of why this couldn't have happened at a better time in my life...(and no, I don't have a sick sense of humor, this is for real!) These are all in random order, just like my brain!...
0. (This is before #1).. My Morgan!!! My breast cancer book holding, question asking, soft hearted, strong spirited, handsome, caring, loving teddy bear. And you should take your teddy bear with you EVERYWHERE!! And I do!!!
1. Morgan has an AWESOME job and the boss even said that he can work "remotely" sometimes (wherever I am) on his laptop... I mean, come on... how cool is that!
2. We have good insurance... you just can't beat that!! I talked to a friend from High School today that has breast cancer too and is about 10-months ahead of me in the treatment plan and when she found out she had cancer, she had NO insurance..... So count your blessings, Or mine, rather!!!!
3. My In-Laws are not only retired now, but also off their mission and are going to be an intragal part of my recovery/helping with kids process..... Gotta love that blessing!!!! That blessing has about a million blessings all rolled into one!!!
4. My parents are helping out a lot! Including, but not limited to, letting me stay in my brothers room while he is off gallivanting... oh yea, I mean: on his mission. Coming with me to all my appointments today, paying for lunch today (sweet), doing a full research paper amount of research including buying me the book, "Breast Cancer for dummies" (do they know me or what?!) and the list goes on...
5. I know this is a weird blessing, but when we didn't get to adopt Zachary, I was REALLY disappointed. But now I feel that was a blessing from a caring, understanding Heavenly Father. He is where he needs to be and I am able to have one less child to figure out amidst the chaos. So actually Zachary and I both get blessed with this one!!
6. My kids!! They have been wonderful about everything. Of course they don't understand it all, but they understand the "love" part and that is what truly matters!
7. My friends and ward family in Bagdad: This is a list of so many wonderful people... I can't even begin to tell you how much love I have felt from our little "mecca"!
8. Living in a small town. I count this a blessing for many reasons... namely the above named reasons.
9. We don't have a house payment right now!!! Hallelujah!!!! that is pretty much all that needs to be said about that one. You can also refer to #8 on that one...
10. My sister took me out to dinner tonight at the coolest restaurant ever!!! That is just the neatest thing! She told me she found a food that reminded her so much of me... Can I just say that I am sure YUMMY!!!! Come on? Macadamia encrusted chicken!!! It don't get no betta than that!!!
11. My kids are old enough to be taken care of by others... No babies, that is such a blessing! (Just don't take that the wrong way.. babies are wonderful!!! Just not right now!!!!)
12. I had my 4 kids early in life even though society liked to view me as weird... Who's weird now???
13. My "Internet friends"--- yup that would be you!!! those friends that I lived by once or just knew from "somewhere"--- I love you all!!!
14. My "extended family" --- my what an awesome support group I have around me!!!
Oh my goodness... there are sooooooo many blessings I can think of, I just wanted to throw a few of them out there for your eyes!!! Just to let you know that I am thinking about them!!