Monday, July 6, 2009

Simple Acts of Kindness

I just wanted to post something that really tugged at my heart strings this weekend. Our family friend Golden Brimhall was riding his horse as usual in the parade and Becky, his wife, was watching the parade with us. After the parade he rode over with his two horses and rode right up to Will and said, "hand him to me.." and we handed him to Golden and he put him on his lap and we put Sarah on the other horse and Golden rode them around. Now this may seem like such a little thing, but to Sarah and Will it was such a big thing and they talked about it all day long. Will would say, "my horse goes fast!" and Sarah would say, "the parade was my best part of the day, especially when I got to ride the horse!"

Here is another side note that makes this memory so touching to me. Logan was Will's best buddy and for Logan's dad to come and pick him up and put him up on the horse with him was so tender and then it was even more tender when they put Sarah on Adreneline, because that was Logan's gentle horse. I was quite teary by the time it was all over... I know you seem tough Golden, but you have a big heart.. just don't let this get to your Big Head!!! He!! He!!

3 comments:

annebabe said...

Looks like your 4th was FUN filled! I read the other posts about the watermelon eating contest, parade, bike decorating (its not fair!) and the great time everyone had at the Old Fashioned 4th!

And Golden Brimhall sounds like a salt of the earth kinda guy, how wonderful to count him among your friends. :)

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Your story made me cry, too. There are some remarkable people in this world and Sarah and Will got to ride in the 4th of July Parade with one of them. Thanks once mor for sharing.
Mom

Dana and Tiff said...

Thanks for the tears tonight Chris...I had already heard that story, but it still touches my heart...Love ya guys!