Sunday, May 31, 2009

Old Habits Die Hard!!!

I have done it again! I sit here at the computer as sore as can be wondering why I do these things to myself! I played in a softball tournament on Saturday and we ended up only having to play three games, thank goodness, cause I don't think my body could have done any more than that! I always try to play on a mediocre team so that I don't have to play in too many games... great tactic, huh???
I sure do love the game though and I can't seem to stay away from it... I have been playing softball since I was four and I have loved it ever since. My body sure doesn't go as fast as it used to and my reflexes aren't near as good, but the game is always the same and I love it!!!!
The kids and Morgan are always my #1 fans cheering for mom and wondering how I can possibly get this dirty playing softball. One inning after a particularly dusty sliding experience, I ran into the dugout and Will said, "Mommy, did you get beat up?!"

Here I am with my beet red face after an inning.....

2 comments:

Team Caldwell said...

i too love it and cannot stay away but should! I am now the WORST player ever! you are so cool!

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

I haven't looked at your blog for a while and I feel like we just had a good visit. Sorry you're sore but it was for a good cause - "for love of the game".
Keep on bloggin'. We love it.