Monday, January 12, 2009

"Mom, I need some alcohol!"


Here is how I was awakened this morning by my sweet Sarah.

Sarah: "Mom, I need some alcohol!"

Mom: "what.... alcohol?"

Sarah:"Yeah Mom, my stomach hurts so I need some alcohol!"

Mom:"Am I having a nightmare or something?"

Sarah: "No mom. You know you always give us alcohol when our stomach's hurt!"

Mom, thinking for a minute and then laughing: "Oh, I know now, you want some caffene. I always give you some soda with caffene when you have a stomach ache..."

Moral of this story: If Sarah has told you in the past that her mom gives her "alcohol", you can hang up the phone, don't call CPS, she just means caffene.

5 comments:

Heather said...

That is the funniest story I ever heard. It is so funny to hear the things that kids come up with.

Jennie said...

Haha! You bad parent, you.... ;)

Unknown said...

hey, chris, i need some alcohol.

nickndest said...

I love it! You get your kids drunk when they don't feel good, so then they realllly don't feel good and then they'll stop complaining...

Farr Family said...

I love that story! Isn't it funny what our kids say and mean. I can't wait till Dallin starts to talk and I just laugh. I love your family! We hope you are doing well!