Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dig Pink, Kayla-style!

 

DSC_0622We had the greatest time last Wednesday at my neice’s high school volleyball game! It was so amazing to be spotlighted as a mom with breast cancer. Everyone cheered for me  and there was pink EVERYWHERE!! of course everything was so amazing and I should have known because my big sister, Alisha, was in charge of it!

DSC_0615I was given a special shirt to wear and my parents gave me TWO DOZEN PINK ROSES!  My mom also gave me a “Fight Like a Girl” hat and I felt a bit like a star! It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing because I pretty much rotate between my house and  MD Anderson these days and this was just so special, special, special!

DSC_0619Here is the gym all “pinked-out” for this amazing event. There was pink everywhere! You could buy pink hair things or pink flowers or pink bracelets or pink, well, anything!

DSC_0624My older sister brought a date and he made sure to dress in pink as well! He also gets points from me because he sat next to Will during the 5 volleyball matches and they became great friends, yelling for the team really loud and Will teaching him all about Skylander cards. (Will’s newest craze which includes Pokemon-like cards and such).  At one point, Will had his arm around Russ and he was discussing something with him. He He.He…  Will is such a goofball!!!

DSC_0625

And here is the real star!!!!! Kayla #6 and one amazing niece!!! She has been playing volleyball since she was really young and I was soooooo impressed at how amazing she has become!!! When she spikes the ball, it is so powerful and just watching her made me so excited for her future. She was surely the best player on the team and she rocked the night!!! I have always been so impressed with the dedication and hours upon hours Kayla devotes to volleyball, and seeing her play tonight just made me crazy with excitement!!!

Sidenote: It was such a great game to watch because it was neck and neck and they had to go 5 games and it honest to goodness was won by one point!!!!!! Kayla’s team pulled it off to the cheering of soooooooo many fans! I haven’t ever seen such a stressful and exciting match up.  Grandma Karen was there too and we were reminded of watching Ruth play volleyball and coach volleyball back in Pocatello. Fun memories all around!

Another sidenote: My big sis ‘Leesh, is always doing something amazing for me! And everything she is in charge of is so over-the-top clever and beautiful. She has such a gift of giving! Love ya Sis!!

No comments: