Thursday, September 29, 2011

Silver City get-a-way sans the children!!!

Last week, Morgan and I had the WONDERFUL opportunity to get away in the middle of the week..... ALL BY OURSELVES!!! It took a bit of planning and some amazing grandparents helping out, but it all worked out beautifully.
Morgan had to go to Silver City, New Mexico for work, and I always tell him that I will come sometime. Well, sometime finally came and it was fun to see the different copper mines that he works with. We stayed at a beautiful, quaint bed and breakfast and that was a first for me. At a hotel, your lucky if you get a piece of toast and a yogurt in the morning. Not at a bed and breakfast! Each morning the owner prepared a three-course breakfast for us... It was AMAZING!!
 Morgan and I enjoyed walking the "old downtown" in Silver City.
 It was just very cathartic to walk and talk with Morgan for hours when he didn't have to be at the mines.
 We walked into the town visitor's center, and kaboom! A huge ball of copper donated by his company. It was pretty cool. Morgan explained to me how they made it and stuff, but I have since forgotten. (darn chemo brain!)
 We saw a lot of beautiful things, but the most important thing was being together. We had a 5-hour drive there and back and we enjoyed talking for the entire drive. I brought along a family history project I am working on currently and read the "family letters" to him for hours. We reminisced on our life while in college and having his first job and the kids being little. It was soooo much fun, and it really made us realize that we are so blessed to be where we are today. We must have a loving Father in Heaven that watches out for us all along the path and can see how it all comes together in the end.
One day when Morgan was at the mine all day long I went for a drive around and outside of the town.... and look what I found!!! THE CONTINENTAL DIVIDE!!! It was very anti-climatic. In fact, I even got out and dragged my foot in the dirt to create some sort of line. Come on people, you need to have a "divide line" or something. Oh well, now I have seen the continental divide. (Not on my top ten for sure!)
Look carefully, can you see the "continental divide"? Yeah, not so much...

2 comments:

Bonnie Hynes said...

I want a romantic getaway with MY husband you lucky girl!!

LUND said...

I was able to snowmobile over the divide one winter. Up and over the Tetons and the continental divide was the most beautiful snow scultpures by nature herself. It was a sunny day and a nice 7 hour ride. I was sore but happy aferwards. Warren and Kimball came with us on the ride. Nature is amazing.