Thursday, January 27, 2011

Choices...to be mommy's servant or not???

Cassidy is home "sick" today from school. By lunchtime, she was sitting next to me at the table eating Cheetos and looking quite fine if you ask me. So, I gave her a choice..... you can go back to school, or be my servant all day long. She chose to be my errand girl all day long....see, it is a win-win-situation. (Until I have to help her with all her make-up homework...argggg)
  Anyways,  here is why it works out so well for me...
   Last night after everyone went to bed I was having chest pains that weren't releived at all with the pain meds or anything else. So, I knew the routine.... I have been through this before. Morgan was snoozing like a baby beside me and I knew that he had a full work day the next day. Instead of waking him, I left a note in case he woke up in the middle of the night, grabbed a good book and a blanket and headed to the ER. I was there from 1:01am till 4:32am and I got a lot of reading done. Diagnosis: A huge hematoma in my left breast. And guess what? These little buggers are painful. Solution: Nothing, they go away on their own... you have to put ice packs on them and take pain meds and they will go away in 1 to 4 weeks. fun times!! Good news: I got back home before Morgan had to wake up for work and the house was silent and dark and wonderful, and I slipped silently back into bed.
  So, you can see why I need a servant today, and it kind of worked out nicely that Cassidy was "sick" today. And it also helps that Grandma and Grandpa Johnson got the kids ready for school and Cassidy and Papa Lund are willling to watch "Psych" with me as long as I want and get me occasional icepacks and meds. Oh, and Papa Lund ran out to get me a chocolate shake from Jack in the Box no less..... so I am well taken care of!!!

6 comments:

annebabe said...

ooooo, love the errand girl! and we are big Psych watchers at our house, one of our favorite tv shows HANDS DOWN! glad your lonely ER trip went well and that everyone was still sleeping when you came home. :)

Jennie said...

Just wanted to say you're amazing!

Wilson Winners said...

That ER trip sounds scary/brave/thoughtful! Who knew u could describe a trip to the ER with THOSE adjectives ,You are amazing and we are thinking about u every day!


Luvs from Boise!

The Idaho wilsons

Anonymous said...

Her husband has advised her a couple of times since then that she needs to wake him in the future no matter how well he seems to be sleeping. I appreciate the thought, but will tie our big toes together with a string if I think that she will be trudging off to the ER alone again.

-Morgan

runningfan said...

I laughed out loud when I read Morgan's comment! I'm so sorry you are suffering....and that you can't escape the "don't bother anyone" mentality of a mama even when you are so sick. I went to the ER alone this week, too. I waited until the most convenient time for everyone... :)

Farr Family said...

We love you lots and are thinking of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kimberly