Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Come on, ride the train! The Potty Train!




( He has to have something to read!)

So I decided (with Morgan's help when he saw the price on the last box of diapers for Will) that it is time to ride the Potty Train with Will. Now, you have to know that this isn't my favorite part of parenting-- in fact, if there was a top ten worst things about parenting it would be right up there next to cleaning up Will's throw-up when we go on a drive.



Sorry about all the poopy and throw-up words, but this is just a part of my life right now-- A big part!!!! In fact I have all the car seat parts to Will's car seat in the dryer right now from yesterday's trip to Kingman for our pre-op appointment. I thought he might actually make it there without tossing his cookies.... Nope! As we got off the off-ramp to the doctor's office, his face went red and I knew it was over, all over that is! When I pulled up into the parking lot, I just unbuckled his carseat and took him in carseat and all into the restroom. I know, I know, too much information...



Anyway, I wanted to send out a few cute pictures of Will trying to use his potty that sings to him when he has a successful experience (a.k.a goes #1 or #2).

2 comments:

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Is the Song the old Johnson song named for Ruth
Will is going potty today, Will is going potty tomorrow.....

such memories we have of all singing that old song... I think it might even have written by
Emiy.... not sure... But that is probably why Ruth is so musical today... She heard that original song a lot.

Grama Karen and Papa Lund said...

Besides the obvious missionary prep benefits of the potty train, there is another. Monday, here in Bismarck, ND, the Transfer Train is coming thru. This is how Elders go to new assignments. This brings to mind the tweeking of a saying that Elder Johnson loves. "Being a missionary (Working for the railroad)requires a lot of training." Who'd a thunk it?