Sunday, July 13, 2008

Family Garden



By the way, this is Morgan. I am getting sucked into the blogosphere against my better judgement, but oh well, you only live once.




The family garden is doing well. At the request of my parents, Elder and Sister Johnson, I am posting a couple of pictures of our garden. The first is just after we planted, and the second is from yesterday. The second one was taken from our roof top for a better overall effect. Everyone in town is complaining that thier tomatoes are not doing well this year, and ours are no exception. My great hopes for this years garden lie with our watermelons. You can see a few in the picture if you squint just right. There are about 20 melons set, but they have a way to go before they are ready to harvest. I am pampering them more than I probably should, but I make a point of involving the kids in the process, so that makes it okay, right?




I hope you are all doing well, and I will close with a garden-related quote from Presiden Kimball that was shared in ward council meeting today "One must live, not only exist; he must do, not merely be; he must grow, not just vegetate."

No comments: